Please read below COVID-19 guidelines
- Please keep in mind while planning your week only one parent per skater will be allowed into the building. NO siblings.
- All skaters must wear a mask at all times when in the building except when they are on the ice surface.
- Skaters can not drink water from the ice surface to the door to exit. Please wait until you are outside to have a drink. Parents must not bring in a hot drink as well.
- Masks must remain on while you are in the building unless you are skating.
- Parents must view all sessions up in the viewing area, there is to be no lingering at ice level.
Before you register for CanSkate be sure to read CanSkate Information below.
Please Note: At the current time due to COVID-19 restrictions we are only able to offer Learn to Skate programs to skaters currently working on Stages 1 and higher of CanSkate (must have passed PreCan Badge -Yellow ribbon). One parent per skating in the building NO siblings
Coaches are not permitted to have physical contact with skaters during sessions due to health and safety restrictions.
**ALL Skaters that are wanting to register MUST be able to skate from the door to their group, and around the ice unassisted. Coaches will not be touching skaters, helping them stand up, or helping them skate. Barrie Skating Club reserves the right to remove skaters who do not meet this qualification from sessions in order to comply with restrictions regarding health and safety.
Click Barrie Skating Club CanSkate Program for information specific to the Barrie Skating Club's CanSkate program.
Click on this link to view SkateCanada Program Description for CanSkate.
Click on this link for more information about what is a What is a NCCP Certified Coach
Within each CanSkate session, the children will be divided into smaller groups according to their skating level. This means that any child can register in any CanSkate session, regardless of level and they will be placed in the group that will allow them to make the best progress during the session. CanSkate sessions are offered on a variety of nights at the Allandale Recreation Centre, Holly Community Centre and East Bayfield Recreation Centre. For a full listing of the session dates, times and locations for CanSkate sessions, please click on the schedule link below.
Click here for a description of the CanSkate Badge Levels
Click here for Skate Ontario Waiver